Senior Master John Scali is the owner and chief instructor of the Self Defense America of Virginia.
The school has been in operation since 1995. Teaching students (teen through adult) how to defend themselves in any situation that may encounter. Simple to apply but highly effective. Serving a diverse group clients ranging from military, police, first responders, business executives, teachers and college/high school students.
Nearly 30 years of self defense and martial arts training, Master Scali has been teaching the Combat Hapkido Self Defense System since 1994.
Currently, Master Scali is an Adjunct Professor at Northern Virginia Community College. In addition to his expertise in teaching Combat Hapkido, Master Scali is a certified OCFM coach and has trained in Tang Soo Do, Taekwondo, Small Circle Jijutsu and Pressure Point theory and application. Master Scali is a retired naval officer with over 20 years of active duty service.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Licensed Master Instructor by the International Combat Hapkido Federation
- Licensed International Police Defense Tactics Instructor
- Certified Seventh Dan in Combat Hapkido
- OCFM Coach
- 1st Dan Pressure Point Fighting
- Vice-President of International Combat Hapkido Organization
- Virginia State Director for the International Combat Hapkido Federation
- Budo Magazine Master of the Year (2006)
- Inducted in the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame — Regional Instructor of the Year
- Pressure Point Defensive Tactics Certified Instructor
- Member of the Internal Self Defense for the Disabled